08 November 2015

Heaven has gained a new Angel...

Angel gained her wings this past Thursday, and now is in doggy heaven.  If you've kept up with her, she was my 9 year old boxer who had a tumor on her spine, that once removed, left her hind limbs paralyzed.

Angel put up a fight, didn't have cancer, but didn't have full use of her hind limbs and was incontinent.  But that never stopped her from moving around, coming down steps, hobbling from one room to the next, to still chasing the UPS truck from one window to the next, from still being her same old self, without the use of the hind limbs.  They had feeling, but she just couldn't walk.

She taught me and reaffirmed my faith.  Although the world thought she should not do the things she did, or even being alive, she never got the memo.  Unfortunately, she developed a bad staph infection and I was not told about it, so that when I found out months later, she was in a lot of pain with very little hopes for recovery without additional amputation and surgery.

Her last meal was dunkin donuts coffee with extra cream/sugar, strawberry donut with sprinkles, chocolate s'mores ice cream, french fries, gum, potato chips with lime, a dark chocolate milky way and candy bars.  She loved it!!  Her shirt simply said, "I get my wings today".  She fought a good fight, and will always be remembered.  Love you, baby girl!


1 comment:

  1. It was an honor to learn about Angel over the last year. I fell in love with your dog through your photographs and postings. Thank you for sharing her journey with us.

    ReplyDelete