16 April 2014

Southern Charm on Bravo....charming or charmless?

I was chosen by www.Sverve.com to be one of the bloggers to view Southern Charm, this past Monday, April 14th at 10/9 central, on Bravo.  It's a reality show about Charleston, SC old money descendants. Coming in on the show that's been aired prior to Monday, it was a little hard to remember all the characters, but very easy to understand the storyline.  A group of friends with real and pretend money to throw on what ever they desire or they think is missing from their single lives.
There are 6 main characters, centering on Thomas Ravenel, a 51 yr old man going through a mid-life crisis with his teeny bopper girlfriend, Kathryn Dennis who's barely 22.  The show references a pregnancy scare that was aired on an earlier show, but I just found out today that the scare is now a reality, as they're now the proud parents of a baby girl, just born last month.  

To me, the relationship seems to be highly superficial and based on romps in the bedroom, instead of a love and mutual respect for one another.  


What makes this match made just a little bit in heaven is that they have full approval from Kathryn's father, who's about the same age as her baby daddy, Thomas.  On Monday's show the father gave his thumbs up and even bragged that they had an aunt that had a 40 yr old difference between the aunt and her husband.  REALLY??? Who does this? I would not find this to be such an easy pill to swallow if my daughter came home with someone my age. It would make me wonder about the man's intentions, but after watching Monday's show, it's apparent that Thomas has very little intentions towards Kathryn.  

The show has 5 other characters, 2 women and 3 men, and they all seem superficial, living in a made up world, spending money from God knows where, and trying to pass themselves off as southerners.  My opinion, and this is only my meek opinion, is that they claim more than they seem to be.  The show was entertaining and got many laughs and tweets from me, but bottom line, it seems like another fake, one hit wonder, reality show.  Time will tell what the future holds for this new Bravo series....Southern Charm?

Peace out,
Neicy!

2 comments:

  1. This episode was insane and I agree I think its purely sexual with these two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a crazy episode work with a lot going on, lol. It seemed like there was some acting going on, or maybe I'm thinking no one can really be like them? Shallow and slow at the same time...

      Delete